Monday, October 19, 2015

Live in Your Strength

"Live in your strength" is a phrase I found on my Yogi Tea tag recently. Yes, I can even find inspiration in a cup of tea. Without even realizing it, this phrase has become somewhat of a mantra for me. When I practice, I try to remain conscious of the fact that yoga is not a linear path. Each time I step on my mat it is a new experience, and I guide my students to embrace the same mentality. My yoga practice is always changing. I've learned to embrace the good elements and take pride in measurable progress, and at the same time observe the setbacks without judgement. Life off the mat is constantly changing also. Who knows from one day to the next what kind of strength you'll need to face those fluctuating challenges.

Most days I am able to live in the strength of a strong, healthy body. When my body aches, I live in the strength of my mental focus. When my mind wanders, I live in the strength of my heart. When it's all a struggle, I live in the strength of the love and support of my family and friends...and an inspirational cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment